"How do you pronounce Kawania?"
Whenever I meet someone new, the first question I’m typically asked is, “How do you pronounce your name?” It’s “Kah Won Nee Ah.” As a little girl, I learned to help people pronounce my name by explaining that, “every letter in my name is pronounced.” I found that little tip did the trick.
By the way, I used to go by the nickname of “Kay,” but I decided to stop using it a couple of years ago. I didn’t make some big “P Diddy” announcement — I just stopped using it.
Hey! The next time we’re together, remind me to tell you a funny story about my name. (I love a good story and I cannot wait to hear yours.)
Some of My Credentials.
“The stuff you find on my resume.”
Press Features and Awards
What I Believe.
Or as Oprah says, “What I Know for Sure!”
- YOU are not an accident nor a coincidence, my friend. You are an intentional design with a divine, definitive purpose.
- If you allow it, fear will determine your outcome. So, hold onto your FAITH and push through until you reach your greatness.
- Always try to keep your mind and your heart open so that you can LEARN SOMETHING NEW every day.
- Meetings (especially budget meetings) run so much better if you serve GOOD FOOD and a bottle of RED WINE.
- Jersey tomatoes will always be THE BEST in the U.S.
- Praying and cursing are not mutually EXCLUSIVE.
- Marrying CHRIS WOOTEN is one of the best decisions I ever made.
- Your hospitality defines your energy. Always choose to be kind.